Monday 27 April 2015

The bed


Tracey Emin's bed is back at the Tate. And my photographic skills as good as ever...
I have to admit that I could never quite understand why the bed would be special or even art. But seeing it, I liked it a lot more than I expected. I somehow expected it to be more filthy though (that might give you an idea of the state of my bedroom! ;-)). I can't really explain why I like it or what I like about it. But I just do.

I was very surprised how few people where there - at one point we had the whole room to ourselves!

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking it out.

By the way, it looks a little different from the picture that is on the Tate website. So, Tracey has arranged the stuff slightly differently. Tracey says herself that her art is very personal and this is of course a very obvious example. I love that this piece of art has a special meaning to the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment