Saturday 4 April 2015

Always more to discover

Even though I go (and primarily eat) out quite a lot, there are still so many places in London I haven't been to. Like The Cut, near Southwark/Waterloo. A number of restaurants and despite the cold weather, very busy on Thursday night (before the long weekend - clearly everyone was celebrating the long weekend ahead). With so many mezze on offer at TAS, always easiest to go with one of their menu selections:


And who would have thought that (candied) baby aubergine actually work as a dessert?! I did prefer the pumpkin though which was slightly less sweet. And bottom right is the chestnut puree. I probably would have opted to present it differently...

It also reminded me one of my first work dinners I had to attend by myself - at TAS London Bridge. Must have been nearly 7 years ago! I had been quite nervous about it, as I felt responsible as a host. And it turned out to be a lovely evening. That's how long I've known AF for, too! His twins were born just before I started my job there. How time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment