Tuesday 7 April 2015

Easter weekend stuff

I keep saying that I like planning, but I wonder whether it's one of the beliefs about myself I need to let go of...

Left the planning for a weekend away over Easter to the last minute... After two days primarily on my sofa (and including some work I hadn't managed finishing off during the short week), off we went to the Hilton Cobham. Thanks to a Wahanda deal we got a 25 minute back massage (seriously, that's not enough time for any kind of massage!), dinner, breakfast and access to their spa. Which on the Sunday was full of shouty kids...

All nice enough and certainly a bargain. But I'm not particularly impressed with the Hilton standard. We also treated ourselves to afternoon tea - and even I can make better sandwiches. Service at breakfast was pretty rather sub standard. And a burger for £16??? The shower was probably one of the worst ever. But there you go.

Then on Monday afternoon, we enjoyed the sunny weather and went for a drive around Kingston upon Thames, Hampton Court Palace and ended up in Teddington for a walk along the Thames and delicious pub food.



No comments:

Post a Comment