Wednesday 22 April 2015

Say it with art

Having attended a number of 'gala' dinners I have become a bit of a venue snob (in addition to already being a hotel snob). While the Caledonian Waldorf Astoria in Edinburgh is of course a nice venue, I have to admit that it didn't blow me away either. Maybe it wasn't helped by the fact that I was really tired and just wanted to get to bed... And the dinner didn't finish until 23:00.

haggis starter, salmon main and apple crumble
After dinner, it was time for short thank you speeches. And lo and behold - I was the first person to be thanked! Which was very nice. The thank you card is a rather weird choice though:

Michael Sowa: Schoene Allee mit Frau
Men and one woman pissing against trees???

Anyway, it also came with a theatre voucher which is greatly appreciated. Following from the President's thank you, NR then also did a little speech, thanking me for keeping him sane throughout the last year. Too bad, that it came at the expense of me going bonkers...

It doesn't happen often: but I actually feel proud. It's been a difficult and very challenging project, that's for sure. But I also learned a lot. And for once I agree with everyone: I did an awesome job! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment