Friday 3 April 2015

The London bucket list

The other day, G asked me what was on my London bucket list - things that I hadn't yet gotten round to doing or seeing. And I am pleased to say that there isn't much on there. There are a number of restaurants that I've been meaning to try but having said that: new ones open up all the time, so that is kind of an on-going list that will never be all ticked off. Kew Gardens is probably on that list. And the other day I read about Eltham Palace which looks pretty cool.

Brasserie Zedel is one of the places that has been on my list literally for years! I think I must have read about it on Time Out and one of my colleagues had highly recommended it. But somehow it took me until last Monday to finally go.

It's just off Piccadilly Circus. The decor is fabulous, the service friendly and the prices very reasonable. It feels very 'European'. After dinner, we went over to the Bar Americain for cocktails - different but equally atmospheric.

Duck and Ile Flottante

No comments:

Post a Comment