Sunday 28 April 2013

Choking on a lozenge

While I am feeling a little better than I did earlier in the week, my cold is still annoying me. My coughing keeps me up and wakes me up in the middle of the night. Sleeping in a nearly upright position to avoid the coughing - or choking on a lozenge - doesn't work very well either. It also feels as if all the coughing has caused a soreness in my diaphragm, which now hurts every time I cough - not a pleasant feeling, I can tell you. And of course, I also have a constant headache... So, I am of course wallowing in self pity.

But I do hope that a weekend of rest and lots of tea will do the trick.

Also, did you know that 'lozenge' is a form of a rhombus? I only ever knew the word as a synonym for a cough drop. Interesting stuff, hm?! And is evidence for the fact that I was never taught geometry in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment