Friday 12 April 2013

snail mail and the NHS

The other day I received a letter from my GP. An appointment had been made for me to see Nurse Pat on Monday 29th March at 15:30. The letter was dated 28 March and the envelope had a 2nd class stamp.
Not only would the letter never have arrived BEFORE the appointment, it even took nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive. On a side issue, the 29th March was also not a Monday but a Friday. And as I am working full-time, it's near impossible to just take time off work at such short notice.

Interestingly, I was also invited to bring a urine sample in a clean container. It made me wonder: Am I really the only person who doesn't stock containers in which one can transport one's urine to the doctor???

I'm sure whoever sent the letter was pleased with themselves for ticking the box 'make appointment for patient'.

No comments:

Post a Comment