Sunday 14 April 2013

Meet the Drill Instructor

In January, when I was still very motivated to work on my fitness levels, I bought a Time Out voucher for six sessions at Fitness Fusions. And yes, it has taken me until now - April - to FINALLY use my voucher for my first session...

One of their studios (they have a number of venues) is just a short walk from my office, which is of course very convenient. You can book your class online and it seems that a lot of people book relatively far in advance and then cancel last minute. I picked the Yogapilates session, expecting a rather tranquil affair. Little did I know what I had let myself in for...

No time was wasted on any introductions, instead Cheryl started barking out instructions. Luckily, I had been to yoga classes before, otherwise, I think I would have been pretty lost. We speedily went through a number of yoga poses and I was out of breath quickly. When I looked at the clock and realized that only 10 minutes had passed, I was getting rather worried about how/whether I'd be able to keep going for another 50 minutes!

I'm pleased to say that I somehow did. Even though I wasn't able to do quite as many repetitions on a number of occasions, as Cheryl wanted us to... As is often the case, I did feel really good after the class! And the days after, I could feel my muscles in a few places.

I think I will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment