Thursday 25 April 2013

Kiwi accent? I wish!

I'm rubbish at identifying accents. I can just about spot a Glaswegian and an Australian accent (most of the time, at least), but that's about it. Equally, other people seem to find it just as difficult to place my accent. I do appreciate that it's not straightforward - while my last name is very German, I don't look typically German and I don't have a typical German accent. I still make mistakes though, which is why it surprises me that people usually guess through all English speaking countries with Australia and New Zealand recently topping the list. I love the Australian/Kiwi accent and would love to sound like that, but I really don't think I do. (I am also not able to spot the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi accent.)

The weirdest guess quite recently was Welsh... (another accent I can only spot when people sound exactly like Stacey from Gavin and Stacey).


No comments:

Post a Comment