Wednesday 29 May 2013

The Place

Last stop of my May traveling was Edinburgh. I had forgotten just how beautiful the city is! Despite a cloudy and grey day, I was enjoying the sites of the city on my way from the airport to the city centre. Even though many of the main roads are still being dug up (and have been for months and months) to prepare for the tram that will eventually be completed in the summer of 2014 (so the plan), the architecture is just stunning!

I stayed at The Place, a very reasonably priced 4* hotel, just a 5 minute walk from Waverley train station. The Georgian townhouse has been refurbished about 18 months ago and while it still retains some of the impressive Georgian features, the design is very contemporary.

Service was quick and very friendly, the bed very comfortable and despite it being so central it was very quiet. I would definitely recommend it!

with flatscreen TV right opposite the bed
view through the roof window
compact bathroom
some of the Georgian features
the breakfast room
bar - I love the lighting!
Banksy art in the corridors
one of my favourite Banksy's

No comments:

Post a Comment