Thursday 16 May 2013

You'll never walk alone

I've just spent two days up in Liverpool for a meeting. And I love the Scouse accent and - for some reason - I like the word Merseyside. Just has a nice sound to me.

Anyways, amongst others, I was invited to a dinner at Anfield - Liverpool's FC football stadium. Interestingly, it was originally the stadium of Everton before they moved to Goodison Park. With a capacity of just 45,525 it is one of the smaller Premier League club stadiums. And I wasn't overly impressed. The dressing rooms seemed quite basic - both for the Home and Away teams. Not as luxurious as the ones at the Emirates.

Before dinner, we had time to admire the numerous trophies Liverpool won over the years - some of them massive! After spending time in the exhibition area, we got a tour of the stadium, including the dressing rooms, before we then made our way to dinner - which was very nice.

The Amex looks bigger (even though I know it's not actually bigger...)
The Away dressing room - the Home one looked very similar...
Hillsborough Memorial Mosaic
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment