Wednesday 19 June 2013

a piece of me

I like blogs that give you an intimate insight into the blogger's life. Without actually knowing someone, you get to take part in their life. Of course limited to what they want you to know about them, but still. When I first started my blog more than a year ago, I had intended it to be a bit like a diary. I used to keep a diary for many years when I was a teenager (and they all make for very cringe-worthy reading... I've tried to make my sister promise me that they'll be burnt without being read first when I die. But I somehow don't trust her... Should probably destroy them next time, I'm at my parents'...) and was hoping to get back into the habit again. And I suppose it is a diary of things I get up to. But I am aware that I don't give away too much about myself.

Even though only very few people who know me in real life have the link to my blog, I am aware that people might be able to find it somehow and especially with view to my job, I feel that I should be cautious about the content. And of course, I am conscious of the people who I know, who have the link, too.

I do wonder whether these are excuses though and whether I am just too scared to share a piece of myself with others. To put myself out there out of fear of rejection, being ridiculed, feeling embarrassed, not being 'accepted' and/or liked. All of which - in theory - I don't care about...

No comments:

Post a Comment