Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sisterly visit and Dim Sum delights

My sister is planning her return to the UK, and was over for another flying visit last weekend. Overall the area around Royal Victoria doesn't have all that much to offer - aside from being the perfect (!) place for plane-spotting - there is a good Chinese restaurant just a few DLR stops away (or a ~15 minute walk): Yi-Ban. Decor is relatively minimalistic, and the tables are covered with plain paper tablecloths, but the place seems to always be heaving and - reassuringly - is frequented by a lot of Chinese. You get a quick and no-frills service and great Dim Sum:

anything fried is bad for my increased cholesterol levels - but also makes me very happy

steamed prawn dumplings

Barbecued roast pork buns

they try to slip of my chopsticks - but I always get them in the end! (and can never remember the name...)
And looking at the photos makes me really hungry. Too bad, I don't have much food in the fridge... Is it time for fish fingers? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment