Saturday 29 June 2013

Afternoon tea at Fortnum & Masons

Founded as a grocery store more than 300(!) years ago - in 1707 - Fortnum & Mason is a British institution. And after having spent more than nine years in the UK, I finally went inside last week!

The Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool was hosting a delightful Associations afternoon tea in the Drawing Room. I love the idea of afternoon tea - in theory. In practice, it doesn't really go with my eating habits of eating (relatively) little at once but often and with (relatively) short intervals. So, the sheer offer of sandwiches, scones and cakes is just too much. Which is such a pity, as it all looked very delicious!

Scones came - of course - with clotted cream and a variety of jams
close up of the cakes (all mine, by the way!)
A light and airy room on the 6th floor
all in Fortnum & Mason's colours

And we all got to take home some F&M goodies:
A selection of teas - rather wasted on me, as I don't drink tea (other than green tea and herbal teas), but I am sure I'll find somebody who will:

Royal Blend, Earl Grey Classic, Afternoon Blend

Strawberry & champagne jam, dark choc and macadamia nut biscuits, teapot+cup



No comments:

Post a Comment