Sunday 9 June 2013

Thanks for pet watching

I've been looking for a card for the upcoming first communion of my cousin's daughter. But while Paperchase had a sign 'communion/confirmation' - they didn't have any cards and the shop assistant couldn't remember ever having seen any. Given that there appear to be over 4 million Catholics in the UK, it's a little strange.

I went to the card factory next and they didn't have any cards either. They did have a card saying 'Thanks for pet watching' though. Does that mean that the target market for people having pets and having them watched by friends (or strangers) is bigger than those who know Catholics whose kids go to their first holy communion? Or are pet owners just more likely to buy cards?

In any case, I don't have a card but I got her a silver guardian angel necklace from H. Samuel, complete with a cute little angel necklace holder (?).

Apologies for the terrible photo quality
Cute, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment