Thursday 26 September 2013

F*ck BT

Seriously? Not that I am really surprised at all. I don't actually expect a good service from BT!

A couple of weeks ago I called them to finally change the name on the phone and internet bills. I thought after nearly 9 months it was probably about time that I started paying the bill directly to BT rather than transferring the money into MC's account...

I was able to give them my new bank details through their automated system and I guess I could have left it at that. But they then offered me a less expensive package, if I signed up as a new customer. Which would be awesome given what a ludicrous amount of money I am currently paying... This meant though that MC had to personally call to cancel his line. Which incurs a £30 charge. I then had to call to sign up again. I explained the whole story to several BT call center people. I emphasized that I wanted to keep the phone number. And I was also assured that there would be no disruption to the service.

All bullsh*t of course. My line gets disconnected today. And I will have to wait until 3rd October for my line to be reactivated. With a new number of course. And if I have the patience to go through the automated call system at BT, there is a tiny chance that I might get my old number back eventually.Maybe.

This is particularly annoying as I was planning to work from home next week. That won't happen now, of course. The only reason I decided to still stay with BT is that I have no more faith in any of the other providers and switching providers would also mean getting an engineer out. And I don't have the patience to deal with sitting around and waiting for one of them...

I just hope that I will get reimbursed quickly for the line rental that I already paid for the next three months!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment