Saturday 14 September 2013

Sleeping in style

My first stay in Newcastle and my first night in a Malmaison hotel. Malmaison have 12 boutique hotels across the UK. I had never come across them - and I'm glad I finally did!

The hotel is located at the Gateshead Millennium Bridge in the Quayside area and a short taxi ride from the train station (probably a 15 minute walk). Everything is quite dark (corridors, wallpaper, furniture) and our room was massive! I'm always torn between being depressed and delighted about staying in hotel rooms bigger than my flat. Beds were comfortable, the shower was great, the breakfast buffet had a great variety (I know - I even had breakfast!) and the service was very friendly. I would definitely come back and will try to check out their other hotels.

Hotel lobby
I loved the toiletries (250ml!) which came with the invite to take them away

No comments:

Post a Comment