Friday 27 September 2013

Happyism

Adam Hills was at the Hammersmith Apollo with his stand up show 'Happyism' last Sunday. Australian comedian and TV presenter, he is best known in the UK for presenting 'The Last Leg' - which started with the Paralympics last year and proved so popular that the programme is back on Channel 4.

The Australian accent is kind of enough to make me happy really, but his sense of humour comes in very handy, too. And even though I didn't understand all of the jokes (partly due to references to Australia or the UK or the Muppets - I had never heard of the Swedish Chef... I actually just googled it and in the German version, he is referred to as Danish Chef... - random!), I thoroughly enjoyed the show! And as the show was recorded for his DVD, I might even got filmed!! (highly unlikely given how far away from the stage we sat...)

As there had been a mess up of the timings, we were also treated to a warm up by Josh Widdicombe - one of his colleagues from The Last Leg.




No comments:

Post a Comment