Tuesday 3 September 2013

Preparing for the office bake off

The Great British Bake Off is back (and so far, I've missed all episodes...)! And my colleagues are planning an office bake off. There will be three rounds: signature bake, technical challenge and a show-stopper. To be honest, I am hoping that I will be out after the first round....

As I haven't baked in a while and really fancied cake, I tried this nutty chocolate cake and added some mandarins for some fruitiness. Prep is really easy and quick (I never go for anything complicated...) and - if I may say so myself - it tastes very nice, too. Except for it being slightly burned on the outside. As per usual, I forgot to take it out in time... And I then also remembered why I don't bake very often: I hate the pile of washing up and general cleaning afterwards...

I got the recipe from my go to cooking and baking website Chefkoch
  • 4 eggs
  • 200g sugar
  • 200ml oil
  • 200g creme fraiche
  • 200g flour
  • 200g ground nuts
  • 1 packet of baking powder
  • 200g chopped chocolate
Mix the eggs with the sugar until sugar. Then mix in oil and creme fraiche. Then add the flour, nuts and baking powder and then fold in the chocolate. I then just added a tin of mandarin segments.
Bake for 50 minutes at 200C. You can then decorate with chocolate couverture if you want. I was too lazy though, so just dusted with some icing sugar.

Before
And after. Unfortunately the outside burnt a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment