Friday 6 March 2015

Clicked into place

It's been on my to do list for ages: getting checked out by an Osteopath. I honestly don't understand how I manage to procrastinate so much when it comes to my personal life. Why on earth can I not apply some of my pro-activity I have at work for my own good???

Anyway, my recent episode of back pain motivated me and I was able to get an appointment at short notice. Tracie asked me about my symptoms and then had a look at my spine. She confirmed what I already knew: I have a slight Scoliosis on my upper back. The pain I am currently experiencing comes from one of my postural muscles. And boy did it hurt when she massaged it.

She then clicked my spine into place in a number of places. Whether or not this was helpful remains to be seen. Not surprisingly, she strongly recommended another appointment. At £50 for half an hour, it's not cheap. But I thought I might as well give it a proper chance. So, I'm back next Friday. But I hope that the muscle pain will be gone by then.

And of course, I was told again to exercise to strengthen my core muscles. I know it all, but find it so hard to make time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment