Sunday 1 March 2015

Never again!

Argh, as much as I love sewing, it can equally drive me crazy at times! I don't think I'll ever sew this one again...

Here are just a few of the reasons that I was swearing A LOT this afternoon:
As always I struggled with the darts, and the bust darts are sitting too low.
I couldn't really use my dummy to check on progress, as I could hardy slip the dress over the dummy's 'shoulders' - when it fits absolutely fine on me.
I couldn't work out what to do with the neck band. And thanks to my very imprecise sewing technique, the band turned out all wonky.
The loops were impossible to turn inside out - so I decided to use some satin ribbon instead.
When I tried to press the hem, I had the iron on too high a heat and ruined the fabric. Plus it looked sh*t anyway. As I had decided to line the dress, the hem was rather bulky.
So, I cut off the bottom - and accidentally cut further into the fabric than planned. Which means the dress is shorter than planned.
I also decided to cut the lining shorter than the dress' hem (as it doesn't fray, I figured that would be ok), to remove some of the bulkiness. The hem looks improved but quite frankly still a bit sh*t.
But I cannot be bothered to do anything about it.

New Look 6263, view D, size 10

Whatever I sew next better be simple...

No comments:

Post a Comment