Sunday 29 March 2015

People make Glasgow

I couldn't agree more! For the ninth year in a row, Glasgow City Marketing Bureau was voted Best UK Convention Bureau at the M&IT Industry Awards. I've primarily been working with Beverley who is one of the loveliest people I had the pleasure to work with. My trip up north was partly motivated by wanting to make some decisions about the congress in the distant future and partly by saying a personal goodbye to the team who had worked with us on the bid.

We went to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum - which is a great museum and I can only imagine a stunning backdrop for a gala dinner. Once again, my ignorance showed: I had never heard of Dali's Christ of St John of the Cross - which apparently is an iconic painting. It is an impressive painting!

Next up was the Oran Mor (meaning great melody of life or big song): formerly a church, it is now an arts and entertainment venue. There is a traditional pub on the ground floor, and a pretty cool event space upstairs:

Then a short visit at the Glasgow Science Centre - a pity we didn't have more time to try out the exhibits! On to Cafe Gandolfi for dinner. I was actually still full from the delicious lunch! And then an overnight stay at the Radisson Blu - very comfy bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment