Tuesday 3 March 2015

Sexology

... the interdisciplinary study of human sexuality, including human sexual interests, behaviors and function. And subject of an exhibition at the Wellcome Collection. Free as per usual but be prepared to queue especially on a weekend. The place was packed on Saturday! For both the sexology exhibition as well as the Forensics: The anatomy of crime exhibition. For some (irrational) reason I had assumed that only a minority of people even know about the Wellcome Collection. I suppose there billboard advertising and regular mentions in Time Out work quite well to get the word out.

Now, I'm not keen on reading in museums. My brain simply doesn't remember anything. While there were exhibits to look at, there was a lot of reading to be done, too. So, that didn't work too well for me. Overall, interesting but I am glad I didn't have to pay for it. It's not that big an exhibition but not least due to the crowds of people (and all the reading) it takes a little while to go through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment