Saturday 7 March 2015

For real???

More than a year ago, I received a message on whatsapp from an unknown number. Telling me how beautiful I was. I ignored it. I got a couple more messages: did I not want to know who was sending the messages. As it happens: no, I didn't. I then got a message saying he'd call me if that was ok. By then, he had also added a photo of himself to his profile. For some reason, I had suspected one of the receptionist in my apartment block to be the mystery man. And I was right....

I sent him a reply, saying that no, it wasn't ok to call me and how he had gotten my number in the first place. To which he replied that he'd delete it. The only way he could have gotten my number was  of course by checking my file. Whenever I saw him afterwards, he acted as if it hadn't happened. And I was beginning to wond whether one of his colleagues had used a photo of him.

Yesterday then, I get another message from him. Commenting on my profile photo on whatsapp. A few weeks ago, when we had yet another problem with a leak, I had to give him my number, so he could call me with an update. For some reason, he seems to have now (weeks later!) taken that as an invite to contact me again.

Needless to say that I am still not interested. And I find it rather creepy, as he of course knows where I live. What's wrong with people?

1 comment: