Tuesday 10 March 2015

Thought provoking art

Sunday at the Tate Modern, and thanks to A's membership card, free access to the special exhibitions. We saw the Marlene Dumas exhibition: The Image As Burden. Not the kind of art I'd put up on my walls. And I couldn't quite connect with the first few rooms, but there were some  paintings I really enjoyed even if they were all rather dark. Or maybe because they were.

We also went to see the Conflict - Time - Photography exhibition. Photos taken in a number of countries/cities just after and years after wars were fought. I have to admit I found this very depressing. Needless to say that all wars have had long lasting effects. For me, it was primarily a reminder of all the wars that are currently going on. And how lucky I am not to have lived through a war. I cannot imagine what that experience does to a human being.

And the current (free) exhibit in the turbine hall: Richard Tuttle: I don't know - The weave of textile language:



An impressive installation. But I also don't know.
But I imagine it to be a lot of fun to work on something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment