Thursday 13 August 2015

Bring on the weekend

I am wallowing in self-pity. I feel I am allowed to, once in a while. Not sure what exactly it is, but I feel like swearing and screaming most day. Nevertheless, I have clearly honed my coping mechanisms and the self-pity and frustration is still balanced by every day loveliness that comes my way.  

I came home today to numerous deliveries: 
  • my nightstand arrived and was waiting for me outside my door. Shipped in one piece, I didn't even have to build it.
  • the London skyline window sticker I ordered on ebay (and which might well just make me more homesick...)
  • the window foil thingy that will mean people can't look into my flat through the balcony doors anymore
  • a surprise parcel from my sis
  • and my desk
As instructed, the delivery man left the two parcels in my cellar. Unfortunately, they were so heavy, I couldn't carry them up the short flight of stairs to my flat. My helpful neighbours were out and I was impatient. So, I ended up carrying it piece by piece upstairs. The bloody instruction says you need 2 people to build it. We shall see about that...

And to round up the day, I bought my first car. As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment