Monday 17 August 2015

Grown up

I picked up my car tonight! Somehow this feels like the most grown up thing I've done so far. Buying a car. And I am terrified to drive it. I am seriously considering taking a couple of driving lessons to feel more confident behind the wheel...

First thing I had to do is fill it with petrol. Now, the petrol station closest to my flat only sells Diesel, supreme Diesel (or something along those lines) and Super. I actually asked the attendant what to get as the car says unleaded petrol. What the hell is that these days???


Another interesting moment: when I registered my car, she asked for my bank details. Which will be passed on so they can get the car tax from me. I hadn't even thought about that. Plus my insurance costs me nearly half what the car cost me... But at least, I will be able to finally buy some lamps and bins and other essentials for my flat that I am not able to transport on my bike. How wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment