Tuesday 18 August 2015

Know thyself

My recent grumpiness is annoying. The only good thing is that I know it will pass.

Through a group on FB for English speakers, I met P. We've been chatting since I moved here and had arranged several meetings. Which always got cancelled. We scheduled to meet for coffee today. 20 minutes before we were meant to meet, I got a message and immediately thought P was cancelling. But instead she just told me that she was on her way. Not that I had any better - or really ANY - plans for the afternoon - or really day and night - but I was feeling very anti-social. Nevertheless, I told myself, that this meeting might never happen if I cancelled today.

So, I went. And I am very glad I did. P was lovely and very open and strangely reminded me of my successor in my last job... We had a nice chat and it would be nice to meet again. Now that I have a car, I can also join the regular meet up in the little village she lives in. Always looking to meet new people! :-)

And a blurry ice chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment