Sunday 9 August 2015

Home coming

After just a month I had the opportunity to spend the weekend in London. My brother messaged me saying he was curious to hear what it would be like, now that I don't live there anymore.

And to be honest: it didn't feel as if I didn't live there anymore. London still feels like home. Which is not really that surprising, given that I haven't been away for very long. As is often the case (with me), I felt more homesick when I was there, than when I am here. While a few of my friends were unfortunately on holiday. I managed to catch up with others and I had such a lovely time. Doing all the things I used to do, which also painfully reminded me how different things are at the moment. But also and more importantly it reminded me that it is entirely up to me to create the life I want here in Rosenheim. I just need a little more patience. Friendships don't happen over night.

I know this sounds really cheesy, but I just felt so much love when I was there and I guess that's what I miss the most: people who know me and (still ;-)) like me. But it also made me grateful for having met all these people, if I don't live as close as I would like to anymore.

One of the surprises of the weekend, was my former landlord spontaneously picking me up at the airport. He has a very nice Porsche. Just the right car of course to park outside the chippy for a late night fish 'n chips dinner. I couldn't have wished for a better start to the weekend :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment