Saturday 15 August 2015

goodbye

The other day, I came across the box with the farewell presents from my colleagues. I am assuming R picked most if not all of them and she knows me well:

Isn't that a super sweet collection?
My last day in the office felt less emotional than anticipated. J seemed semi-set on making me cry and I even gave a mini speech during the farewell lunch. We usually go for drinks, but as I (rightly) assumed that some people would not have time to go out after work, I had asked for a lunch. Which was really nice and I had fish and chips on the Narrow Boat - a lovely Pub on the canal in Islington (and yes, it featured on Time Out before - as the loyal readers of the blog will surely remember ;-)). 

After work, S - my new assistant - organized drinks at the Bavarian Bierkeller. I wonder whether my boss was the only one who thought that was a great idea. Quite frankly - and having been to the place before - it's certainly not what I would have picked. Especially as I was about to move to the REAL Bavaria.... Anyhow, just a further indication that S and I were not really on the same wavelength (may I add that she's German, too).

Anyhow, only a small group of people went and it was nice. But again not emotional, most likely as I wasn't close to any of the people who came along (except for J).


Weird to think that this all happened less than two months ago. Which already feels like an eternity. And I think back with wistfulness...

PS: Totally forgot to include a pic of the necklace, I also got:

No comments:

Post a Comment