Tuesday 11 August 2015

Double pay

July was a good month for my bank account. As if to make up for the transition to this new phase in my life, I more or less got two salaries. As I hadn't able to take my remaining holidays in my old job due to circumstances, I got them paid out. And my new employer transferred the costs for my move (which I had of course paid, so it was a reimbursement only) together with my July salary. Well, what better place to spend some money than in London?!

The plan had only been to accompany my friend who was looking for a present for her boyfriend. And I have to admit that I don't/didn't usually shop in Selfridges. As it turned out, for good reasons...

First I spotted an amazing Alexander McQueen coat. With an amazing price tag, too. Fortunately, it really didn't suit me... But then we came past this gorgeous Vivienne Westwood coat. Not that I needed another black winter coat (having just bought another one last year). I tried it on and fell in love. Still convincing myself that I would walk away anyway. I argued that I didn't want to carry the bag around with me at dinner and then the cabaret but I considered coming back on Monday (it was Saturday).

As you will have guessed by now. I bought it. There and then with a little encouragement from G (no worries, I take full responsibility for my actions!!). The coat is way too lovely to be worn just to work. If that isn't extra motivation to go out... then what is??!

I am also rather pleased cause what could be a better buy in London than something of quirky Ms Westwood!

PS: Photo to follow once I have a full length mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment