Tuesday 18 August 2015

I'm such a baby

I can be such a baby at times... During my colleague's three weeks' leave, I am covering for one of her bigger projects. The project itself has been relatively quiet but today I had to chair a planning call which included a lot of people.

I am generally happy to lead a call, no matter how many people are involved but a) I hate technology and it involved screen sharing and that sort of stuff (and then I couldn't get the conference phone to work...) and b) I always feel uncomfortable when I am don't know all the details. And of course I didn't know all the details as it's not my event, despite what felt like a million handover meetings. Which also contributed to my angst levels - leading through the call was portrayed as this mammoth task.

Anyhow, as you can gather, I survived and even got a lovely thank you from the client. And now I can breathe again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment