Wednesday 11 May 2016

detoxing the lazy way

I read an article about detoxing by wearing a plaster on the sole of your feet over night. These plasters are meant to draw out toxins, the evidence in the plasters turning black after wear. Lazy as I am, I figured this could be worth a shot. Not a cheap one, of course. So, I did do some research and came across this leaflet, produced by Sense About Science, which I actually know from my previous job (I was impressed that it was referenced in a German newspaper!).

In short: toxins cannot leave the body through the skin (at least not in any meaningful quantities). And the plasters turn black when held under water, so it's simply the sweat that makes the plasters dark over night.

I shall try to continue with my home exercising and drinking more water instead. Which is also much cheaper. But much harder...

No comments:

Post a Comment