Sunday 8 May 2016

sich in seiner Haut nicht wohl fuehlen

Not sure whether you also say this in English, but in German we have a saying of not feeling well in your own skin, when you feel uncomfortable.
For the last couple of weeks, I've literally not felt well in my skin. It itches a lot, especially at nighttime, when I am in bed. Primarily on my back and my tummy. I've had this before and I had mentioned it to the dermatologist last year, too, who thought it was only an issue of dry skin. Given that I moisture like crazy at the moment, I don't think that is the issue.

I feel it's stress related and I am seeing the dermatologist again in a couple of weeks and really hope to get more helpful advice. As I of course cannot resist the scratching, it's already leaving me with discoloured patches of skin. Let alone that it is causing issues with sleep. Last night I woke up at 3am and had to get my cooling pad from the fridge in order to stop the itching. :-(

And yes, I should remove the cause of stress. But that is easier said than done, it seems. It's all in  my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment