Thursday 5 May 2016

have faith

Another aerial yoga class. And fab as always. Just the right amount of pushing myself into various stretches. Being just a little painful to make me feel that I am actually exercising.

Every lesson includes some hanging head down. And even though I've done this a few times now, it still takes a bit of a mental push to get into the position and to then losen your feet as well, given that I am convinced it's my feet that is actually ensuring that I am not falling on my head...
Today, we did an exercise that involved letting your upper body fall forward, with your legs slung inside the soft hammock. Despite believing the instructor that I would not fall out, I only managed to let go with her standing next to me (I was not the only one who hesitated which was comforting). But I was a little proud that I did do it (against my initial instinct of chickening out).

No comments:

Post a Comment