Thursday 12 May 2016

Proud moments

The other day, I was leading a call with a client. Anyone who knows me, will know, that I am not keen on calls. Emails all the way for me. Not that I don't like talking - to the contrary - but for some reason that I myself can't work out, I don't like calls. 
I did well, I'd say. Not that it was a complicated call, but it was an unpredictable call, as it was regarding a project that is different from our usual projects. Being me, not only did I leave the call feeling pleased with myself but also confirming with myself that event management really is just common sense.

The day finished with a meeting that dragged on for a while. While sitting in that meeting, I was quite proud of my contribution. A friend recently said about herself that for a long time she had not acknowledged how quick she is at assessing a situation and how a lot of other people simply don't see what she sees. And the meeting reminded me of that. What I often take for granted, seems impossible or difficult to perceive for others. And I should probably appreciate this skill in myself more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment