Tuesday 2 August 2016

over in a flash

Short trip to Amsterdam for a job interview. I'll keep details on that one for a later stage. Or never. We shall see.

I was pleasantly surprised as I had forgotten just how picturesque* the city is. The crazy cyclists were annoying at times though, I was never quite sure who had right of way and whether they are allowed to cross a red traffic light or are just very daring.

I stayed at The Toren, rated no.1 hotel in Amsterdam on Tripadvisor. Despite booking at short notice, I got a decent rate for a 4* hotel. And while the hotel 'warned' me about the size of the room, it was really nice and the bed bigger than a single bed which meant I was able to sleep all right.

I only had an afternoon and a morning (spent at the Moco), so I primarily walked about the city centre and concluded that in terms of shopping facilities, I could totally see myself living here! :-)

The Toren - very cute and stylish boutique hotel!
Not exactly great weather -
but I am happy as long as it doesn't rain and I am not freezing
Dinner for one at Ramses - loved the high ceiling and windows
and the steak was also yummy!

*I learned this in French class at school. Why on earth do I remember details like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment