Saturday 6 August 2016

refreshing

This summer has been a bit weird and not quite as summery as last year's. So when they announced 30C for Thursday (with temperatures significantly dropping again on Friday and non-stop rain) I decided to finally work on my tan at the Simssee. I even got up early-ish to get there for about 9:30. Which was perfect as it was still pretty empty then, despite the school holidays having started. I was also there before some cheeky chap collected 2€ for parking!!! I do wonder whether he just takes a punt there as I had been told that parking is free.

Anyhow, the water was great! Pretty warm and the warmer it got it offered a refreshing break from sunbathing. Given my paranoia about my stuff being stolen, I only dipped in briefly, for a quick swim but it was really nice and if the weather recovers again, I will definitely be back.
AND I managed to find my way back home without my (useless) satnav!


No comments:

Post a Comment