Wednesday 29 August 2012

4ForYou - Not4Me...

Time Out London offers a variety of vouchers: you pay a discounted price on anything from meals at restaurants, tickets for the theatre, creative workshops as well as beauty treatments. A few months ago, they had an offer for a massage voucher at 4ForYou: £29 instead of £75 for a one hour massage. Bargain - I thought, and clicked.

Today the day had come to redeem the voucher. I had picked an anti-cellulite massage. Which actually costs £55 - and not £75. All their 60 minute massages actually cost £50 or £55 - so that was the first very misleading information. Anyway, I arrive at the address - which turns out to be a hairdressers. Which was closed. My advice would be to point that out on the website/in communications. They did have posters for the massage place but no note to say what to do and there was no bell to ring. After a little while somebody appeared and let me in. I was led into the basement where I was asked to fill in a questionnaire about my health history. The clipboard was then just put away, without even looking at it. My therapist never discussed any of it with me either. Clearly just a tick-box exercise.

Next, I was taken to the therapy room, which was comfortably warm. There I lay for about 10 minutes, listening to the hustle and bustle of people chatting loudly outside the room. When the lady reappeared, confessing that she had forgotten about me, she said 1 vthat my therapist would be with me shortly. 'Shortly' was after another 10 minute wait. The massage scheduled for 18:00 didn't start until 18:20 - but finished 'on time' at 19:00...

The massage itself was ok. She used honey, which apparently is good for detox. She then proceeded to basically slap my legs quite vigorously. The honey was then mixed with oil and she did a lymph drainage massage. The honey-oil mixture was then removed with a wet and cold towel. And that was it. She didn't even bother to dry my skin afterwards.

My skin certainly feels soft, but I also have a number of tiny bruises all over my thighs...

I probably should have complained about all the above, but as I will never book another massage there, I didn't bother. And at £29 for 40 minutes, I guess it was still reasonably priced.
And yes, I'm also just a chicken when it comes to these situations...

No comments:

Post a Comment