Thursday 9 August 2012

Aches and pains

I have outgrown my bed. I guess it shows that while it still looks brand new, it is in fact time to at least replace the mattress. At least, I think that the mattress is to blame for my back ache. And it is aching badly. An allover pain, which makes it impossible to find a position to sit in or to sleep in.

I still remember the first time my back went. I was about 26 years old. On the way out, I grabbed my backpack, which had my laptop in it and then there was this sudden stabbing pain in my lower back. I had no idea what it was nor what to do. I ended up lying on my back on the floor, as it seemed the only way to make the pain more bearable. My GP diagnosed me with a slightly bent spine and prescribed me physiotherapy. Back pain was for old people! Not a good sign, if I started suffering from it at this age already!! The pain didn’t last too long nor did my motivation to keep up the exercises which the therapist had shown me... Which of course means, that the pain comes back. The Yoga position ‘child pose’ usually helps soothe the pain. But even this is proving useless.

There is a silver-lining though: I was going to do some weeding in the garden today. No chance with a bad back!

No comments:

Post a Comment