Friday 10 August 2012

The noisy countryside

In my memory (and I might have even mentioned it on my blog before), my parents’ home was always an oasis of tranquility. Situated in a dead end road, just a few metres from a massive field, and with hardly any kids around anymore, this was in stark contrast to bustling London. Not sure whether I had grown used to the noises, I had grown up with. But this time around, I keep noticing the planes flying in and out of neighbouring Frankfurt airport. And when it’s not the planes, it’s the cars on the autobahn in the distance that I can hear. There seems to constant noise level in the background. Quite bizarre, given that I live about 10 minutes from City Airport in London and the noise never really bothers me.

Note to self: should I ever move to the countryside, I will make sure that it’s not affected by airport or traffic noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment