Monday 27 August 2012

Post-match celebrations

If you don't take the motorway from Brighton to Faversham, you get to travel through beautiful countryside. Which we did following the game last Saturday. Admittedly, I usually fall asleep in the car, so most of the beauty is lost on me. And it did rain heavily on Saturday...

We stopped at the Blackboys Inn (in Blackboys), a traditional pub, for dinner. We arrived shortly before 6pm, when it was still empty. Most tables were already reserved, so we were lucky to get a table. The interior is nicely decorated, with lots of wood everywhere. I found it a little irritating that there was plenty of staff about - who seemed to primarily stand about, shout to each other across the room (or into a mobile) and ran everywhere, even though they were quite obviously in no hurry at all. That aside, the service was friendly and very quick.

They also have a large outside area and a garden behind the pub, which apparently gets used for functions such as weddings. Reasonably priced and with good food, I am sure we will be back after another match. (Apologies for the quality of the photos - I only had my mobile with me)


Softshell crab on ciabatta
Goats cheese wrapped in filo pastry with red onion chutney
Steak and ale pie
Sea bass

Both mains were served with vegetables and boiled potatoes and potato dauphinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment