Wednesday 27 March 2013

Food: great - Service: not so much...

For a recent business lunch, I went to Frederick's, a family-run restaurant near Angel tube station. I was positively surprised by the airy and light dining room with views over a little garden. Colourful, modern paintings on the wall added to the warm atmosphere.

I picked the salmon as a main and the plum and raisin strudel for dessert. Both were really nice. And my fellow diners all enjoyed their dishes, too. Unfortunately though, the service wasn't that impressive. Starting with one of the waitresses (in addition, a tiny person!) continuously bumping into the back of our chairs - and there really was plenty of space! One of the other guests let his plate go back to the kitchen, as the food was stone cold; a bit of aluminium foil still stuck to the fish on the plate; coffee was served after the dessert despite repeatedly asking for it to be served with the dessert. And overall, service was a bit slow - not least given that it wasn't all that busy.

So, all in all, and given their prices, I don't think I'll return. And Angel of course also offers lots of choice when it comes to dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment