Monday 18 March 2013

love in the movies

Given the fantastic selection of movies available on the Cathay Pacific flights to and from Hong Kong, it really was a pity that I was too tired (and sleeping too comfortably) to watch more than one each way. On the way back, I picked 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'. I didn't know much about the story, only really that Emma Watson was in it.

This is what it says on the official website:
"A funny and touching coming-of-age story based on the beloved best-selling novel by Stephen Chbosky, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER is a modern classic that captures the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. Starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER is a moving tale of love, loss, fear and hope—and the unforgettable friends that help us through life."

I loved the film! I laughed and cried (a lot) and would thoroughly recommend watching it - if you haven't already.

And here's a quote that stood out for me:
 We accept the love we think we deserve.
What do you think? Do you think it's true? I don't think I thought about love or being loved in this way, but when considering it, I wonder whether it's true and whether it's the cause for certain issues I've experienced in my relationships.


No comments:

Post a Comment