Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hong Kong 2013 - Day 2

The day started with breakfast on the plane:
Chocolate muffin, fruit, coffee (much needed!) and orange juice
And the hot main: frittata with bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms
We arrived around 14:00 local time, which meant 6:00 am UK time... At the airport, I decided to withdraw some extra cash. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Turns out that it is essential to tell your bank when you are going abroad... In fairness, I had tried that the previous day. But I couldn't remember (or find) my telephone banking pin and therefore couldn't contact my bank to tell them. I didn't have time to go to a branch and couldn't work out how to do it online. With hindsight that was a blessing in disguise as I didn't even spend all the HK Dollars I had already changed back in the UK. I then had to spend several minutes speaking to an automated voice from Halifax to reassure the computer that nobody had stolen my card.
Given that I pride myself on being Miss (super) Organized, I did feel rather embarrassed by this oversight of mine...

After unpacking at the hotel and checking my work emails, it was already time for the site visit of the hotel's meeting rooms and ballroom as well as the amazing, luxurious suites. It then ended with a drinks reception at vibes - the hotel's outdoor bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment