Saturday 16 March 2013

Hong Kong 2013 - Day 4: Ladies Market

The majority of the group went from the racecourse to the beach and Stanley Market. Together with two other participants, I headed for the legendary Ladies Market instead. Contrary to some of the others, I hadn't come prepared with a shopping list. I just wanted to have a look around and I also don't care much for brands. If it looks nice, I will like it. It doesn't need a brand logo. As it was a Saturday, the market was really crowded (having said that, it's probably very busy at all times).

Once I got into the groove of things, I thoroughly enjoyed the haggling! :-) It also helps when you are not really keen. Or at least don't appear keen. Without even trying, the sellers kept reducing the prices for me. Walking away also does wonders! Never pay the price they first quote you! Very often they go down to about 50% of the original price.

I got a wonderfully pink shoulder bag, a camel coloured business bag and three pretty pashminas:

they just need a bit of ironing

No comments:

Post a Comment