Friday 15 March 2013

Hong Kong 2013 - Day 3 - the work begins

I slept so well in the wonderfully comfy and big hotel bed. But despite about 7 hours of sleep, I was soooo tired... but a busy programme was waiting for us.

Divided into two groups, our group - with lovely Regina as our tour guide - we headed over to the island of Chek Lap Kok for a site visit of the AsiaWorld-Expo. A multi-purpose venue that offers space for exhibitions, meetings, conventions and concerts and has direct links to the airport next door. While it offers space for massive meetings - much bigger than the one we are planning - it also has a number of meeting rooms that cater for smaller meetings. The way the centre is laid out, even a smaller meeting wouldn't be lost. Despite the centre being right next to the airport, it has beautiful views of the sea and we were told that sometimes you can even see dolphins!

Next up was the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott, just a 2 minute walk from the AsiaWorld Expo where we were personally welcomed by their General Manager. The hotel has a number of meeting rooms as well as stunning ballroom.

And finally, we went to the Regal Airport Hotel where we treated to a delicious lunch before a show-round of their meeting space.

In the afternoon, I met my contact at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Hong Kong. It proved a little tricky to get there. The ladies from the tourism board had written down the address in Chinese. Unfortunately, the driver took me to the University's main campus. And he didn't speak any English. I was already running late and was starting to panic slightly when my contact called and fortunately had his English speaking PA with him who managed to guide us to the right place.
The University also offers modern meeting space - with views over the harbour! Overall, I feel that the venues we saw in Hong Kong were much better looked after than some of the places I've seen in the UK.

After our business meeting we went for dinner at the Le Meridien Cyberport. Another feast! And after only two days, I could feel how the pounds were piling on...

D*E*L*I*C*I*O*U*S




No comments:

Post a Comment