Thursday 14 March 2013

Hong Kong 2013 - Day 5: Views from above

While I am not very comfortable flying in a big plane, I was really looking forward to our helicopter ride. I've flown in a small two seater plane before, and absolutely loved it! I think it's got a lot to do with trusting the pilot and being able to communicate with the pilot.

The weather - as throughout our trip - was brilliant and apparently perfect for the flight. In groups of 4s we got on with the pilot. Everyone got a headset via which we could chat to each other as well as the pilot. The views were amazing! The sea was wonderfully blue and turquoise. The high rise buildings contrasting with the numerous small islands.

But I was a bit disappointed. I had hoped for a bit of a wild roller-coaster ride. But instead everything, including take off and landing, was incredibly smooth. Well, the three girls with me were initially quite terrified, so the pilot was doing his best to put them at ease. So, I guess suggesting to do some wild manoeuvres wouldn't have been received too well...

Taking off from the roof of the Peninsula hotel





No comments:

Post a Comment