Sunday 3 March 2013

Still in the play offs!

Another freezing cold day in the Amex stadium yesterday. The extra seating has now been installed in all four corners and the stadium just continues to look better and better! The new catering company is also proving to a great improvement. I still don't understand why they don't sell chips though. I'm not a massive fan of pies...

Yesterday, the Seagulls were facing Huddersfield. When the game finished 1:1 before half-time, I admittedly had little hope for a win. But how wrong I was!!! Leonardo Ulloa who had only just been signed during the January transfer window, proved his worth by scoring a hat-trick. And David Lopez scored the 4:1 with a successful penalty.

Meaning that Brighton is still 6th in the championship table (i.e. in a play off position). There are still a few more games to go and the teams are quite close together. So, I won't be dreaming of the premier league just yet...

Before I started going to football games, I hadn't really appreciated just how emotional the moment of a goal is. Which is why I love the games with many goals - it's just more fun! :-)
Well, that is, when it's your own team that is scoring, of course! 

After another difficult and busy week at work, this has certainly cheered me up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment