Sunday 14 September 2014

Distress on the Autobahn

£10.75 for Time Out tickets for Neil LaBute's Autobahn at the King's Head theatre pub on Upper Street in Islington. I love London for its huge Westend theatres and productions and equally it's neighbourhood small theatres!

We had great seats in the front row (well, the theatre is pretty small, so you probably had a good view from anywhere!). The play consists of seven one act plays, all taking place in the front seats of a car. I liked the idea and I liked some of the stories (much) better than others. The four actors who played the 14 different characters did a great job, I thought. Slipping into different roles with ease.

Overall though, it was a rather depressing reminder of how f*cked up relationships and communication are in our world. Is it easier to not let people get close to you in order to protect yourself from this sort of pain and stress and problems? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment